Thursday, February 11, 2010

Purple Piggy Bank

I got my new little savings account funded today-- and it already has $118.40 in it. Woohoo! This is where it came from:

$53 in coins that's been sitting around on our kitchen counter
$50 1% cash back check from our credit card rewards
$12 from doing online surveys
$1.40 from redeemed bottles/cans
$2 from selling my old laptop to Gazelle. (this was a pretty easy transaction but I was a little disappointed as they quoted that the laptop was worth $40 but when they checked it out they'd only pay me $2 for it. However, it was just sitting around collecting dust and taking up space that could be used for storing COUPONS).

So little nooks and crannies of cash do add up. I'll keep you updated as the piggy bank grows.

No comments:

Post a Comment