Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Yeah, baby...

So yesterday at Whole Foods I ran into a little snafu with "stacking" my coupons-- using one from the Whole Deal coupon book and one manufacturer's coupon for the same item. The cashier wasn't sure if it was allowed so she called a manager, who kindly said it wasn't allowed but he'd let me use them this time. I was mildly embarrased, especially since I was holding up the line, but fortunately the woman behind me reinstated my self esteem by remarking, with a tone of pure wonder in her voice "where do you get all your coupons?" I instantly felt redeemed.

I used to be a pretty shy person who had a hard time standing up for herself. Since I've had a baby and gotten into couponing, that's changed a bit. And so I found myself yesterday writing an email to the Portland Whole Foods asking them to pretty please clarify their policy on stacking coupons. (My dearly departed grandparents, who were somewhat reknowned for writing frequent letters to the editor, would be so proud!) After all, they get reimbursed for manufacturer's coupons, as well as a handling fee for each one. So everybody wins, right?

Apparently so! A manager wrote be back and said that indeed, you can stack coupons at Whole Foods.

So hurray! I'm going to bring this email with me next time I go to Whole Foods, just in case. Stackity stack!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'll link back to this info. this afternoon. It's tips like these that help other shoppers save.

    Thank you,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete