Wednesday, January 6, 2010

B.J.s Baby.

Not that kind of BJ. Get your mind out of that gutter!

We got a membership to BJ's wholesale club this year for Christmas. (Thanks Mom and Dad!) We were members several years ago but found we were spending more than we were saving, what with all the nifty little impulse buys. Oh, we didn't know we needed five pounds of cinnamon, a bushel of pens (that all mysteriously vanish within two weeks), and some video games, but we must because they're so reasonably priced, and come in such delightfully big packages!

So yesterday I went to BJ's get my membership going. They took a fabulously askew picture with my eyes closed (those pics are so grainy and yet you can still tell my eyes are closed). Plus, Max was in the Ergo so he's in the picture too, which makes it look like I have another head (albeit a cute one) coming out of my chest. Good times. Anyways. One of the things I'm learning from my steamy love affair with coupons is that bigger packages (teehee) do not always mean more savings. Often if you have multiple coupons you can use those on smaller packages (teehee) that are on sale, and save more. There are definitely some good values at BJ's though. I eat a lot of fruit, both frozen and otherwise, and they have these yummy 6 pound bags of Dole frozen fruit for $8.99 a bag. I happened to procure some $2 off any 2 bags of Dole frozen fruit (more on that soon) so that lowered the price even more. BJ's takes all manufacturer's coupons, as well as having some of their own coupons, both in the the store and on-line. Apparently they can be combined (or stacked, as we say in the couponing community) for extra savings.

In fact, I was all psyched because I saw some BJ's on-line coupons for goat cheese. I don't do cow's milk cheese but I looovvve goat cheese. In fact when Max was a newborn he would let out these intermittent snorts when he cried and I thought I might've eaten so much goat cheese during my pregnancy that he had a little bit o' goat in him. Fortunately for him (and us) that's subsided, but my love of goat cheese has not. And goat cheese is expensive. Anyways I'd found a BJ's coupon on-line good for $1.75 off any of their President's cheeses. Sadly, by the time I got around to trying to print it out last night they'd switched their coupons.

So now I'm just rambling about goat cheese. And the little one is army crawling towards the outlet. More soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lynn! I couldn't find your contact info on your blog so I'll leave a note here. I wanted to invie you to link up your shopping successes here:

    http://www.moneysavingmaineac.com/2010/01/shaws-trip-this-morning.html

    It would be great to here fro you!
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete