Saturday, January 9, 2010

I like Shaw's


So I used to be such a Hannaford girl. Their stores just seemed somehow nicer to me, their produce section fresher... but alas, I have become a Shawsophile. Some of their prices are higher, but they have great sales, and catalina deals, and they double coupons up to $.99. Which means if you have a $.75 off coupon for an item, it's actually more valuable than a $1 off-- because Shaw's will turn that into $1.50 off. Cool, eh?

For more on Shaw's, check out http://www.shaws.com/ You can browse their weekly flyer for sales and they also have additional coupons here. Oh Hannaford, I still love you but I think I just want to be friends.

So today was maybe the second time that my savings on a grocery trip was higher than what I spent. For some of the coupon blackbelts out there, this isn't so impressive. But for a newbie who eats a lot of produce and less processed foods that are harder to find deals on, it's not so bad.


If I'd bought all this stuff for regular retail at Shaw's, it would've cost $61.99. I saved $22.27 by buying things that were on sale, and another $10.71 (I'm not entirely sure where the 71 cents comes in, but that's what my receipt says) in coupons.


Oh, and I forgot to include the 12-pack of Cottonelle in the picture-- that was $4.99 on sale and I had a $.50 coupon that doubled, so it was $3.99. My husband started to put away the groceries when I came home and I said "no, I want to take a picture first for my blog." He wasn't sure whether to laugh at me or be grateful that he didn't have to put away groceries. So he did both.

No comments:

Post a Comment