Friday, March 19, 2010

Walgreens? Ehhh.

My first encounter with Walgreens was not a stellar one. I went in armed with the $3 off $10 purchase that I mentioned was in the Sunday paper, a couple of $.50 off qs to use with the buy one, get one free Blue Diamond almonds, and a Walgreens coupon promising Reynolds wrap tin foil would be a breezy $.89. They were almost out of the kind of almonds I wanted, and totally out of the tin foil. I grabbed some dried fruit to make my purchase $10 so I could get the $3 off, but my other coupons brought my total down to $8 something, so I couldn't use the $3 off. Now in my experience, at Rite Aid, they'll take your $3 off $15 or $5 off $25 coupon even if your other coupons bring your total down under that amount. So yeah Walgreens, you're all shiny and new, and I'll probably explore you again, but for now-- still a Rite Aid girl.

Oh, and I saw a big sign on the Forest Ave Rite Aid exclaiming "We accept all competitors offers." So maybe I'll just jaunt over to Rite Aid with my tin foil coupon and my $3 off $10.

5 comments:

  1. Lynn, I do that at CVS all the time...take the Rite Aid coupons over there when they have great sales and CVS takes the Rite Aid coupons. There's something to be said for communities that have 5 drug stores on one block, I guess! Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's too bad that you don't live closer to the Bath Walgreens. The salespeople are SO nice and helpful .... many of them do couponing so they are very knowledgeable. I have found that if an item isn't on the shelf, I just ask if they have any more out back and they usually do. This happened to me this week with the flour. The problem with a new store is that none of the employees are going to be overly familiar, except maybe for the managers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Elizabeth. I'll definitely try that next time I head to Walgreens. Good point, I didn't think to ask if they had more. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a bummer! although that's sort of okay since the walgreens is so far away from my walkable radius at least. you have to go back though, i want to know how the register rewards stuff works!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, I will soldier on and return at some point. That would be quite a walk for you. At the rate they're going though I'm sure they'll be another one or three within walking distance soon!

    ReplyDelete