Sunday, March 14, 2010

Extras, Extras!

This weekend I was able to snag a couple extra newspaper coupon inserts. First, I have the best parent in-laws ever-- they not only are wonderful people, but my mama-in-law gave me her extra inserts yesterday and indulged my coupon talkin'.

Today, we ended up at Artemesia for brunch which was delightful in many ways (good food, efficient and pleasant waitress, baby who remained calm and entertained until it was time to go, and last but not least the sighting of a gentleman with a braided rattail), one of the ways being that as we waited for our table, I spied a lone Sunday paper spread out on a bench in the waiting area. I eyed it hungrily as other waiters perused it, forgetting for a moment that I was also hungry for brunch and that we had our little ticking timebomb of a toddler with us. As soon as the other folks were seated, taking some portion of the paper with them, I sidled up to the paper and held my breath as I rifled through the paper under the guise of trying to entertain my little one. And then... yes, I found the Red Plum. And a moment later-- Smart Source. Twas a good weekend for this couponer indeed.

Do you get extra coupons? Where do you find yours?

2 comments:

  1. braided rat tail! god i love this state. i've never even heard of artemisia. apparently i'm missing out. i used to steal the insert from the paper at work, but then another one of my coworkers started jacking it... you know how it goes. anyway, nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I asked all my wonderful neighbors if they would pass them along.

    ReplyDelete