Monday, March 1, 2010

Master-Rebater


This week I've gotten two small yet supple rebate checks. One from a hummus rebate that I sent in back in December thanks to Money Saving Maine-iac, and one from the SC Johnson rebate that I used on Ziplocs. I might actually do that one a few more times, as it's good through June and they allow you to do three and Ziplocs always seem to get used around here. And they don't disciminate against us Mainers like Broke207 points out that many other rebates do. (that was terribly poor grammar but I'm in a rush and sleep-deprived.)

I'm still waiting on my Rite Aid Grab the Gold rebate Visa to come, but I did receive a $100 contact lens Visa rebate the other day too. I'm feeling pretty good about all this rebatin', I have to say. Plus here's a rebate site that, though lacking in options, cracks me up. I might pick up some cheapish Cottonelle bum wipes at Walgreens when they open this Thursday, and cash in on some rebate action here, too. Oh, and you don't have to be a caregiver to access this-- it even says that on the website lest you think I'm trying to partake in shady rebate shenanigans.

And what shall I do with all this rebate cash? Well, I consulted the husband on that one to see what he thought made the most sense. Should it go back into the grocery budget to allow for some saucy extras? Or go back into the grocery budget but without making space for extras? Or should it go into my purple piggy bank? He thought the purple piggy bank was the most sensical, since my experiment with said piggy was intended to be a repository for money I'd previously ignored. I agreed with his logic (having seemingly lost my own logic at the moment of giving birth), so looks like the little piggy bank will be getting chubbier soon (but not ready for slaughter!).

No comments:

Post a Comment