Thursday, April 22, 2010

Barterin'


I'm no expert on bartering, not by any means. But recently I've had a couple of experiences that have peaked my interest and made me wonder if there were other areas I could use bartering in.
My first experience involved trading some coupons -- hurray!-- for some fresh, local, organic, vegetarian-fed rainbow eggs. We go through quite a few eggs around here, so this was a good one. The arrangement was struck by meeting on a coupon website, afullcup.com (awesome, amazing people here who put my couponing to shame) and we agreed to rendevous behind Hannafords for the exchange. Sounds a little smutty, but I promise it wasn't (sorry to disappoint)-- her kids and hubby were present, as was my tot and my mom. Easy, breezy, and we got a lovely array of rainbow eggs.
The second recent swap was babysitting. My husband and I hadn't been out together since last September and enough was enough. So we swapped babysittin' with some friends and that was great.
Do you barter?

2 comments:

  1. Check out hourexchangeportland.org...
    It costs nothing to join, here are hundreds of members (I've been one for almost 10 years), and lots of great stuff/services get exchanged:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! That's a great point. I've meant to join that for years, good to hear positive things about it. I need to try the time exchange thing!

    ReplyDelete